The UNICEF Children's Day POP-UP Festival
The UNICEF World Children’s Day Pop-up Festival, held on 24th November 2019 was a joint initiative by Upturn Learning, Legacy School and Sweet Root, to create awareness and ownership among children about Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
We at LIFE – Leadership Initiative For Educators facilitated school liasoning and event outreach across our network of schools for the key initiative of the event named ‘Kids Take Over’, wherein 120 children (12 years and above) from top schools in Bangalore were invited to be Ambassadors of SDGs.
- ‘Kids Take Over’ – The children were provided an opportunity to interact with social entrepreneurs, attend a range of master classes by professors from IIM and some top brands like Crestcom International, KREA University and Bare Necessities and received certificates of participation from UNICEF and goodies from World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF).
- Evening of Recognition – Recognition of 5 social entrepreneurs as SDG Champions,for their remarkable contribution in the area of SDGs.The chosen SGD Champions were
- Ms Amita Deshpande and Mr Nandan Bhatt – Arohana Ecosocial Development
- Mr Vinay Prashanth and Mrs Suvarna Kamakshi – Tamala Art Merchandise
- Ms Girija Patel – Drishtee Sustainable Communities
- Launch of Home 2.0 – an exclusive SDG community for children from Bangalore
- Eco Santhe – Eco Friendly stalls were curated in collaboration with IIM NSRCEL
- Global Perspective Showcase by the students of Legacy School, Bangalore
- Book a Smile Initiative – 35 underprivileged children from the NGO ‘Dream a Dream’ attended the Kannada masterclass by Mr Sanjay Rao