LIFE’S ANNUAL CONFERENCES
The LIFE Annual thematic conferences provide meaningful and thought-provoking insights on chosen themes each year. The annual themes are primarily educational themes which are meant to set the benchmark for educationists on varied thematic topics, such as Leadership,Play,STEAM and many more such,in the years to come.
Bengaluru was all ‘STEAMpowered’ last month as we, at LIFE – Leadership Initiative for Educators,in collaboration with St Joseph’s College and Gyanpro presented the INTERNATIONAL STEAM CONCLAVE 2019 on the 3rd and 4th of August 2019. The two day S.T.E.A.M initiative brought together leading researchers, educators, scientists,landscape architects, designers, planners, business and community leaders, psychologists, musicians and parents from across the country with a common goal to increase the participation of all students and the wider community in Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics (STEAM) through the 3rd LIFE International STEAM Conference 2019’ for educationists and S.T.E.A.M Experience Labs for school students.
‘The 3rd LIFE International STEAM Conference 2019’, held on 3rd August based on Crafting the future with S.T.E.A.M Curriculum featured STEAMinent speakers from across the world and traversed across 5 tracks namely Leadership,Pre-Primary, Elementary, Secondary and Higher Secondary.
- Diverse STEAM-based topics,curated as track-wise sessions
- Meaningful STEAM Insights focussed on integration and multi-disciplinary approach to learning
- ‘Get up and do’ amazing STEAM experiences throughout the day
- Unveiling of Special Needs Initiative – ‘Cocoon’
- 5 activity-based installations outside each track-venue,based on the ‘five elements of nature’
- Special customized business portraits for leadership delegates
- 18 speakers, from across the globe
- Total of 18 sessions – 14 track wise sessions and 4 joint sessions
- 400+attendees, from all over India
The ‘STEAMatic Pavilions’, held on the 4th of August,in association with Gyanpro and in collaboration with St Joseph’s College were interactive and hands-on.
The ‘Chai Pe Charcha’ initiative,which was meant to serve as an interactive,networking forum across delegates, speakers and organizers happened on the 4th of August.
- Discussion regarding the need for a collaborative approach to education and learning
- Taking the STEAM forward,in their respective schools
- Discussion regarding current STEAM implementation practices followed by schools
- Explored possibilities of city-wise collaboration for LIFE’s upcoming initiatives